By Paul Donnelley
- Stig Severinsen is the holder of multiple records in diving using his ‘State of Zen’ technique to control his breathing
- Also swam 500ft underwater in 2mins and 11secs
- Mr Severinsen, 41 from Aalborg, began free diving in 2003
- By the end of first year of practising he had already broken three records
These photographs show a world record holder in training – a man who can hold…
By Simon Tomlinson
Gazing skywards with their hands over their ears, these astonishing pictures capture the moment terrified Palestinians watch Israeli missiles falling from the…
- Young men and children cower in street as four missiles smash into apartment block a few hundred yards away
- Family of 35 fled the building moments earlier after being warned by the Israeli military of the impending strike
By Mail Online Reporter
- Ex-NBA star Shaquille O’Neal shared a picture showing him pulling a face imitating Jahmel Binion in April
- Binion has ectodermal dysplasia, which affects his face, teeth and hair
- Shaq deleted the post and apologized following a public backlash
- Binion started a campaign to raise awareness of his disorder
- The Michigan man is also suing basketball player Trey Burke and rapper…
By James Gordon
The family of Xinran Ji, a USC graduate student who died after being beaten in a robbery, arrived to see him at a funeral home near Los Angeles on Thursday.
A cousin spoke on behalf of the family, with help from a translator, who said Ji was killed just one year before he was set to graduate.
His mother and father were overcome with grief as they stepped outside and were unable to…
A giraffe has died after smashing its head into a low bridge while it was being transported along a busy highway in South Africa.
The moments before the accident at around 2.30pm today were caught on camera by a horrified fellow driver who described hearing a loud crack.
South Africa’s Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals told local media the giraffe has since died and the truck…
Johannesburg — Political parties on Tuesday denounced National Council of Provinces (NCOP) chairwoman Thandi Modise, following criticism of her controversial North West farm.
“The [EFF] is utterly disgusted by… Thandi Modise’s negligence on the farm which was bought with a…
By Helen Reid
Comedian Pieter-Dirk Uys fought apartheid with humour. Today he calls out political hypocrisy and celebrates the contradictions and absurdities of South Africa.
When Pieter-Dirk Uys gets on stage, no one and nothing is safe. Whether through his incisive impressions of well-known figures or his mimicking of ordinary South Africans, his sharp satire touches on all the facets of South…
“Fighters, discipline!” a voice called over the loudspeaker at last week’s protest outside the Gauteng Legislature as EFF members tried to push past police into the building. “Fighters, where is your discipline?”
Groups of EFF supporters marched through the streets, stopping traffic and throwing rubbish from bins across the road. Their leader, Julius Malema, was staging a sit-in with other…
Some wild mammal species are being driven to extinction for their fur, hides, horns or tusks, but the pangolin, or scaly anteater, is being eaten out of existence by wealthy humans, the IUCN warned on Tuesday.
“Consumers are willing to pay increasingly high prices for their meat, which is being plated up at banquets across the East as a luxury food,” the International Union for Conservation of…
SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea fired four short-range projectiles toward the ocean off its east coast on Wednesday in its latest in a series of missile and artillery tests, officials said.
A South Korean Defense Ministry official said the North fired two projectiles in the morning and two in the afternoon from a site at Mount Myohyang northeast of Pyongyang. The official spoke on condition of…