Dumisa Ntsebeza, for the EFF, said disadvantaged communities would be stripped of this right if the court did not interdict the Independent Electoral Commission from charging “huge amounts” for…
By Daily Mail Reporter
- Soldiers fought in the Italian Alps in temperatures plummeting to minus 30C
- Battles raged for more than three years and killed more than a million
- Bodies revealed every time there is a hot summer in Trentino, northern Italy
- But often walkers strip them of valuables before they can be recovered
- Archaeological director claims global warning means there will be many more
By Martin Robinson
- Experts say maximum of six teaspoons of sugar per day would be ideal figure for adults who want to stay healthy
- World Health Organisation recommendation slashed in half from equivalent of about 12 level teaspoons a day
- This guideline amount has been cut to tackle obesity and heart disease amid fears sugar is as deadly as tobacco
- Action on Sugar compile list showing single…
By Sophie Borland and Daniel Martin
- The WHO recommends sugar makes up less than 10% of energy intake
- This is the equivalent of about 12 level teaspoons a day
- Now, experts say halving this could have additional health benefits
- Guideline amount slashed amid fears sugar poses same threat as tobacco
- They say 5%, or six teaspoons, is the ideal figure that people should aim for
- Labour suggest it would…
By Mark Shapland
Thirty-three North Koreans face execution after being charged with attempting to…
- North Koreans face execution for link with Christian missionary – Kim Jung-wook
- Kim Jong-un is combating a wave of dissatisfaction against his “juche” doctrine and repressive regime
- No end to his brutality – having previously killed his Uncle Jang Song-Thaek and other top officials close to him
By Ted Thornhill
Forget your local pitch and putt, this mammoth Par 3 is one of golf’s greatest challenges – and that’s just getting to the tee!
The Extreme 19th is the world’s longest par 3, measuring 391 yards, and challengers can only access the tee by helicopter.
Sat atop South Africa’s Hanglip Mountain, at 400 metres tall it is also the globe’s highest hole, meaning it takes almost 30…
By Ellie Zolfagharifard
- Asteroid’s 2014 DX110 closest approach will be at 21:07 GMT (16:07 EST)
- It is 98ft (30m) across and will get within 217,000 miles (350,000km) of Earth
- Asteroid is travelling at 33,000 mph and is not expected to hit the planet
- Live webcast will be available on Slooh and the Virtual Telescope Project
- Slooh site crashed last month following popularity of asteroid 2000 EM26
UKRAINE is “on the brink of disaster”, according to the country’s newly installed Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk.
At the weekend Russian soldiers seized Ukraine’s southernmost region of Crimea after a dramati…
By Sarah Griffiths
Facebook is rumoured to be acquiring a company that makes solar-powered drones.
- Facebook is tipped to buy Texas-based Titan Aerospace
- The social network aims on deploying 11,000 high altitude drones to connect remote and rural parts of the world to the internet
- The Solara drone is lightweight and solar-powered so it can fly at 65,000 feet for five years non-stop
By Richard Littlejohn
Still no word from the Old Bill on my identity fraud case, which I told you about a couple of weeks ago.
This confirms my initial suspicions that I wouldn’t hear from them because I refused to fill in their impertinent online ‘diversity’ survey.
Obviously, I don’t fit into one of their preferred client groups. If I’d told them I was a Transylvanian transvestite, they’d have…